Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully before signing up to our Virtual Academy.
Welcome to On-Español, the Virtual Academy for learning Spanish with real, native Spanish teachers. This agreement (the “Agreement”) represents the entire contract between you and On-Español, part of LETS Group (Totally Toptastic S.L.) (Hereinafter referred to as "On-Español") with respect to the above mentioned site(s) (the "Site") and, if applicable, the fee-based subscription services therein. By visiting, becoming a customer of, purchasing a pack from, or subscribing to On-Español, you agree, without qualification, to be bound by the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) of use set out below:
1. Acceptance of the Terms
By using the information, tools, features and functionality located on www.On-Espanol.com (together the "Service" or the "Services"), you agree to be bound by this Agreement and the Terms, whether you are a "Visitor" (which means that you simply browse the On-Español website) or you are a "Customer" (which means that you have registered with On-Español). The term "you" or "User" refers to a Visitor or a Customer. The term "we" refers to On-Español. The term "Material" refers to all class materials or self study material. If you wish to become a Customer, communicate with other Customers and/or make use of the Service, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the registration process.
- If you do not agree with all the Terms, do not use the Site.
- Please review all of the Terms carefully before using the Site.
- By using the Site, you agree to be bound by the Terms and confirm that you are over the age of 13 and able to form legally binding contracts.
- Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of this Agreement for your records.
2. Changes to these Terms
3. Personal Data Protection
In compliance with Spanish Law 15/1999, December 13, regarding the protection of personal data, On-Español would like to inform you that your personal details within these general conditions will be stored in a database (whose liability and responsibility is Totally Toptastic S.L.), solely for the commercial and operative purposes of the company. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you give your consent to the above said treatment and for their use for the aforementioned purposes. You have the right to request that we inform you of your rights to access, correct and cancel such information within the established terms of the prevailing legislation, by writing to the address: Calle Montesa 35, 2º derecha. 28006 - Madrid – España.
4. Protection of Children's Information
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13, nor do we send them requests for personal information, unless we first obtain permission from that child's parent or legal guardian.
5. Your Rights
On-Español offers you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, limited right to access, use and display the content of this Site, provided that you comply with this Agreement and the Terms as set out in full. The materials of this Site are only provided for your private, non-commercial use. Certain services of this Site are available only to registered customers of On-Español.
By electing to purchase a pack of classes with On-Español, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out in our billing policy.
6. Use of the Service
Your right to access and use www.On-Español.com and the Service is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are only entitled to access and use On-Español for lawful purposes.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your On-Español account (the "Account"), username and password. You agree to notify On-Español of any unauthorized use of your On-Español Account. In order for the Service to function effectively, you must also keep your registration information up to date and accurate. If you do not do this, the accuracy and effectiveness of the Service to you will be affected.
In our sole and absolute discretion, we may terminate your Account, or modify, reclaim or remove any username associated with your Account, for any reason (including for reasons related to unlawful or unauthorized usage) and we are under no obligation to retain a record of your Account or any data or information that you may have stored by means of the Account and/or the Services.
Your access and use of On-Español.com may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of www.On-Espanol.com or other actions that On-Español, in its sole discretion, may elect to take. On-Español is not responsible for any loss resulting from your using any of On-Español´s services, software, materials, audio or video files, content, or communications.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
All materials of On-Español, including content, text, images, software, audio and video files, documentation and the Site remain at all time the sole property of On-Español or its suppliers. Such aforementioned materials are protected under international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not post, distribute, sublicense, translate or reproduce in any way any copyrighted materials, trademarks or other proprietary information without the prior express written consent of On-Español.
8. Security measures
On-Español follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted.
On-Español does not store sensitive personal information (like credit card numbers). The payments take place through a secure Redsys payments gateway and the sensitive data are protected by Banco Sabadell.
Please remember that some information you disclose on our site becomes public, for example, personal information given in the registration form. You should always be cautious about the amount of personal information you give to anyone in this context.
We also insist on password verification at sign-in to protect against unauthorized access to your personal profile and course history.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Despite these security procedures and practices, as is the case with all computer networks connected to the Internet, On-Español cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or any other information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security.
9. Technical requirements of the Virtual Classroom
In order to use the Virtual Classroom, you need:
- A laptop, a desktop computer or an Android tablet. Please note that for the moment you cannot log into the virtual classroom using smartphones or ipads. The platform is compatible with android tablets and desktop computers or laptops of all systems.
- Access to the internet. Please note the minimum speed requirements are: download speed of 512Kbps with a minimum upload speed of 128Kbps.
- Headphone set with a microphone.
- One of the two recommended browsers downloaded: Chrome or Firefox. You can download them using these links: Chrome, Firefox
The rest of the platform, including the website, student private dashboard, quizzes, self study materials etc. are all fully responsive and can be used on any kind of device and seen on any browser.
10. Privacy Settings
You may change the privacy settings by updating the Profile Settings in the personal user’s Dashboard. Changing your privacy settings will allow you to control who is able to see information about you such as your personal information, your photo, your online status, and your status updates.
11. Fees and payments
You will be required to register and create an account with On-Español in order to access certain features of the Site and Services. Information gathered through the registration process and information related to your account will be subject to these Terms as well as to our "Privacy and Security Policy". You represent and warrant that you will not create an Account for anyone other than yourself without permission, that all information provided by you when creating an Account is true, accurate and complete, and that you will maintain, at all times, true, accurate and complete information related to your Account.
Certain materials and functionalities of the Site are available only through the purchase of virtual class packs (Silver, Gold or Platinum) or a single virtual class. Pursuant to this Agreement you are responsible for any charges associated with connecting to the Site. On-Español reserves the right to change the Package fees in effect or institute new fees at any time, upon reasonable notice posted on the site and emailed to current customers.
By purchasing a virtual class pack you agree to be bound to the following terms:
On-Español fees are exclusive of any applicable VAT or taxes, interest or installment fees charged by the credit card company, or other fees associated with connecting to the Internet.
If at any time you wish to check on the status of your subscription, please login and visit the “My Account” page in your Login area or your Profile’s menu.
Your Virtual Spanish classes are teacher-led. Virtual Spanish classes are delivered on a "class credit basis", giving you access to the stated amount of private classes that your package offers. You can always find current prices of the packages posted in the checkout pages and in the plans and prices page and occasionally on other pages of our website. The exact learning path of your Virtual Spanish classes is clearly set forth as a framework that may change according to your needs. Your private learning path is accessible at all times in the logged-in section of the Site under "Virtual classes" in the tab “My Virtual classes”. In the process of taking your classes with On-Español the teacher adds content to your private learning path, so you can easily see the history of your learning path. You have the right to control how your learning path is developed. Your goals will be defined in the free level assessment.
All packages fees are recurring and non-refundable after your purchase. If you do not cancel your subscription you agree to the automatic extension of your Virtual Spanish classes for the same amount of time and under the same terms. If you do not wish to continue your Virtual Spanish classes, you must cancel your subscription in the “My Account” page in your login area or your Profile’s menu or give us written (email) notice to email@example.com.
Events and webinars
Our events and webinars are online live events that On-Español organizes for members of the platform. In order to get the access to the live online event you need to have a valid ticket that you need to purchase separately, unless your pack gives you the right to access it for free or you have a promotional code. The fees of the events will be fixed per event basis and posted on our website on the ‘Events’ page.
Refunds will only be made or money will only be transferred to students that have bought the pack. No refunds will be given to a third-party.
On-Español is not obligated to reimburse money paid or compensations for lost classes due to national or local holidays in Spain. Please ask for a current list of holidays, remember that these are subject to change.
13. Communication and promotions
- As a member of On-Español and a subscriber, you will be added to our mailing list to receive occasional emails about service updates, special offers, and promotions from On-Español, unless you opt out when registering.
- You have the ability to unsubscribe from these emails at any time, by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of each email we send.
- These emails do not include the general emails you will receive from your teachers or to confirm classes, webinars or other services that you have actively signed up for. It is not possible to opt-out of non-promotional communications. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
14. Discounts or credit notes
Discounts cannot be combined. All have expiration dates and will only be applicable during that time.
15. Packs and Classes
- The student acknowledges that all the personal information in the sign up form is valid and correct.
- The student commits to behave in a respectful and professional manner with their professors and other members of the Virtual Academy during their membership with On-Español. Should that not be the case, the student will be banned from the Virtual Academy and will not be refunded for any packs purchased.
- The student acknowledges that their class schedule may be subject to change.
- The student can cancel the class up to 24hours before the scheduled start time without losing their credits. Any cancellations after this time will not be refunded.
- Classes that fall on bank holidays in Spain might be cancelled at the discretion of the individual teacher. This must be agreed prior to the date of the class. These classes can be rescheduled for another time. Please see the list of bank holidays in 2016 below.
- On-Español reserves the right to change the student’s class if the level in which he or she is assigned is not appropriate.
- The student will arrive on time to classes and will inform the teacher or admin at On-Español in advance if they cannot.
- On-Español’s students have the right to:
- Receive high quality language teaching by our teaching staff
- Receive all the agreed upon services at the moment of their registration
- Use our suggestion, complaint and claim services if necessary
16. Behaviour on the virtual academy
- You agree to not publish, contribute or post any material that contains language that is in any way profane, pornographic, sexually explicit, slanderous or libellous or violates any viable rules, laws or regulations, or infringes on any rights of any third party.
- You must not share content that is not original or for which you have not received the prior express written consent of the originator of said material.
- Contains viruses or any other code designed to interrupt, destroy or incapacitate the functionality of any software, hardware or telecommunications.
- Is considered "spamming," such as chain letters, junk mail, or other solicitations.
- Attempts to impersonate another person.
On-Español does not guarantee continuous access, nor correct visualization, downloading or use of the information items contained in On-Español’s website, which may be disabled, hindered or interrupted by factors or circumstances beyond its control.
On-Español is not responsible for the information and other content forming made by users means of links or hyperlinks, nor for the information and other content of any third-party web pages resembling that of On-Español or carrying On-Español’s distinctive signs, except when expressly authorized.